L. James Thornborough, Q.C. (1947-2019)
James was a cornerstone here at Thornborough Smeltz LLP, sharing his 45 years of legal experience and knowledge with the team and with our clients until his retirement in March, 2019.
James practised primarily in the area of civil litigation including contract disputes, personal injury, employment, and family law. He also had a general practice that including wills and estates, corporate and real estate law.
His firm commitment to integrity and the law, resulted in his appointment as Queen's Counsel by Her Majesty's Lieutenant Governor for Alberta in 2014.
- University of Manitoba, LL.B., 1973
- St. John's College, B.A., 1969
- Wills and Estates
- Real Estate Conveyancing
- Family Law
- Alberta 1985
- Manitoba 1974
- Commissioned Officer Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada (retd)
- Past President of Western Manitoba Bar Association
- Bencher Law Society of Manitoba 1982
- Law Society of Alberta