Megan joined the Thornborough Smeltz LLP team in 2007 and brought with her more than 13 years of experience in family law and wills and estates. Her knowledge and experience is an asset to our team and to her clients.
Megan's goal is to achieve a cost-effective and efficient solution for each of her clients in a compassionate and respectful manner while satisfying her client’s individual interests and values.
Megan's primary practice areas are family law and wills and estates. Her family law practice includes divorce, custody, access, child support, spousal support, property division and adoptions. She also prepares and drafts cohabitation, prenuptial, and separation agreements.
Megan also serves as a Dispute Resolution Officer for Alberta Justice on an on-going basis.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan, J.D., 1993
- York University, B.A. (Psychology), 1989
- Mount Royal University Conflict Resolution Extension Certificate, 2019
- Family Law
- Wills and Estates
- Alberta 1994
- Volunteered with Calgary Legal Guidance for ten years
- Dispute Resolution Officer
- ADR Institute of Alberta
- Alberta Family Mediation Society