Stephen is a partner here at Thornborough Smeltz LLP and has practised law in Calgary for the last 30 years.
Stephen's practice focuses on personal injury law and medical and health litigation. He also has extensive experience in a variety of civil litigation issues. As a litigator, he has represented clients at all court levels in Alberta and at various Board and Tribunal hearings.
Stephen's general practice includes estate, corporate, and real estate law. He also has experience with equine law, being an avid horse rider himself.
Stephen is a trained mediator and uses those skills with his clients and in his practice. Outside of the office, he continues to be involved in many community boards and societies.
- University of Manitoba, LL.B., 1980
- University of Manitoba, B.A., 1976
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Equine Law
- Wills and Estates
- Alberta 1982
- Manitoba 1981
- Provincial Court Nominating Committee (retd)
- SAIT Advisory Committee to Legal Assistant Program (retd)
- Law Society of Manitoba (non-practising)
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice